Monday, August 16, 2010

Conundrum...

So, am I the only one who can't pick a set personal style? I get the sneaking suspicion that I look like a different person every day. Some days I think that's a good thing, that I can be whoever I feel like when I wake up in the morning. But sometimes I feel like what I wear should reflect my personality. Maybe I don't know myself well enough yet to settle on a style yet. So for now, I'm still working things out.
But there are some things that I lean towards...
I lean more towards minimalism, I'm not big into flashy. I like the strong, but chic vibe that all of the outfits in these pictures give, that they're laid back, but the girl is still tough and takes care of herself. I like the bordering on preppy, but with a twist.
I also like a more retro like, specifically the 20s and the 50s. I just feel like that could be sort of limiting, because I wouldn't be able to participate in modern trends and ideas. But I still think it's really cute and at the same time I like how it is above common trends because it's classic.
However, there are some days where I feel like going in a tougher, edgier direction. Not the tough minimalist, but the grungier type. Not super-disgusting-you-havn't-showered-in-a-week kind of grungy. Just tattered. But I'm positive that I couldn't stand looking like that every day.
One style I know is not for me is the glamourous look, laden with jewelry and froufrou. Some people, it works for, but I don't go for it. I also feel like I can't pull off boho very well, so I've sort of given up on that.
So as you can see, it's a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hey it's Georgia!

    I think all of these are the elements of a terrific style. (My favorite is picture with one girl wearing a bow tie...I love washed-out colors in photography) I kind of have the same conundrum...some times I feel like dressing like I'm some kind of 90's neon nightmare, and other times I just want to wear old vintage stuff from the jazz age. This isn't too much of an immediate problem, because I don't own anything that falls into these categories anyway. My style now is kind of...the "rumpled 3am college student" look. But I hope someday I can wear a lot of vintage/hipster 70's stuff, since that seems to be the right match between vintage and funky.

    Anyway, love these inspirations! Keep up with the blog!

    ReplyDelete