Thursday, September 30, 2010

We Busted Outta Class, Had To Get Away From Those Fools

"... We learned more from a
three mintute record
than we ever learned in school."

You may have noticed that a lot of the titles of my posts are quotes from Bruce Springsteen songs. I figured that I should explain that, since Bruce is my equivalent of the Owl's Owl City.
It'a my dad's fault really. He's been a fan ever since he was young. He knows everything Bruce Springsteen, all the background, the bootlegs, the stuff that you don't just find on the album. Bruce's music has always been present in my house for as long as I can remember.
My family refers to him as just "Bruce". I can remember my dad teaching me the first lines of "Hungry Heart" and dancing around the kitchen to "Without You".
For the longest time, I just listened to what he played, but recently, I've been getting more into it. I've listened to the older albums and been learning more about him and how he made his music.
For me, the most stand-out thing about Bruce is his lyrics. They are always good, they always paint a picture, make you feel. He writes about things that I feel like I can relate to.
Maybe it's because I've been around his music forever, but it really is something that always keeps me going, influences me. And that's why I use a lot of his lyrics in posts, because they apply to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment